Thanks for the banner, The Broke and the Bookish! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme, as suggested by The Broke and the Bookish, is a TV themed topic, and I have decided to do my Top Ten TV Shows of all Time. You will note that all of them are fairly old because we have not had TV in our home for many years already. We have a TV but only for use with a DVD and VHS player.
- Promised Land — Great family show about a family who traveled the country. It starred Gerald McRaney.
- The Waltons
- Little House on the Prairie
- Party of Five — this series didn’t last as long as I would have liked, but it was where Neve Campbell got her start.
- Murder, She Wrote — loved Angela Lansbury as Jessica Fletcher, and loved Cabot Cove, Maine
- Law & Order — the original and the original SVU
- Lie to Me — I always found this show fascinating
- Life — This show was taken off way too soon, without closure!
- Young Riders — about the Pony Express, starring Josh Brolin and Stephen Baldwin
- Reasonable Doubts
There are many more I could list, but these probably would still top the list. As you can see, my favorite shows were about family, the law or mysteries, or something unique like the Young Riders. Many of these series, I felt, ended all too soon.
How about you? What TV theme did you share today? What are your favorite TV shows of all time?
4 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday”
I loved Murder, She Wrote when I was younger!
Check out my TTT.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I lived with my grandmother for a few years when I was in my mid to late twenties, and we used to do the grocery shopping together, and bring home a salad from the in-store salad bar, then sit down and watch the old reruns of Murder, She Wrote. I never got tired of them. Did you know they also have an actual book series? I’ve read a couple, and it’s like watching one of the television episodes — lots of fun!
Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Lynn.
You have to love Murder She Wrote! It’s just one of those series that is completely innocent but when you start watching you have to know what happens.
LikeLiked by 1 person