Today is the second Thursday of the month, and if you were here last month at this time, you know that it is time for a writing prompt. This time I have decided to use the photo above as the prompt for this month, in hopes that it will inspire more of you to write something and share with us.
Now here are the rules for participating in my monthly writing prompt:
1) You may write in any genre.
2) Keep it clean — no explicit sex or erotica, no stories that attack a person or group of
people. Minimal use of profanity and violence is okay.
3) If you are a nonfiction writer and want to participate, I welcome you, but you must
use the suggested prompt.
4) All stories must be a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 1500 words. (This rule
may change as participation grows).
I reserve the right not to post any story that doesn’t include/use the writing prompt as well as any story that breaks the second rule.
Here are a couple options for sharing, which I strongly encourage for two reasons — I want to know that people are participating, and I want to read what you write, as I am sure others will as well.
So sharing options:
1) 100 — 300 words, please post these stories in the comments section of this post
2) 301 — 1500 words, please email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The reason for the options is that short stories, like the first option, can easily be shared and read in the comments section. Longer stories like the second option, I will post in a special Saturday post simply due to their length.
One of my readers suggested that my deadline be longer to allow writers to ponder longer and not feel stressed by a tight deadline. It was a great suggestion, especially since we have another month before the next writing prompt and the long stories post on a Saturday. So, I hope more of you will participate, and I look forward to reading your creative works.
Deadline for stories for today’s prompt will be next Friday, July 17, 2020.