One of the blogs I follow nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I don’t consider this blog versatile, as I only write about writing and sometimes about reading because the two go hand in hand. Thank you for the nomination, Speculations Impressed.
The rules for this nomination say that I am to nominate 15 blogs that I have recently found and follow. I apologize, but I’m not going to submit to this rule. I don’t follow 15 blogs and I don’t want to bother anyone who doesn’t wish to get these nominations because they come up frequently, and I don’t want to pressure anyone. So, I apologize for being a rule-breaker.
The last rule for this nomination is to tell you seven things about myself, so here they are:
1. In addition to reading and writing, I love to cook and bake.
2. I did not grow up in a Christian home, though my mother took my sister and I to church sporadically during my elementary years, and she taught me the importance of prayer.
3. We are a homeschool family with one already graduated and two more to go.
4. I have quickly lost interest in downloading and free ebooks because they most often have too much inappropriate language or explicit sexual scenes, or there are so many typographical errors, they drive me crazy!
5. My favorite time of the year is from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day because it is a time for being much more aware of God and the blessings He gives to us, as well as a time for family, food and fun.
6. A lot of people think we are crazy because we drive 40 minutes to attend a church we love and are very involved in, when there are so many churches near our home. However, we attend a family integrated church, and they’re aren’t any of those near our home.
7. Toby Mac is my favorite music artist.