The theme for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday as determined by The Broke and Bookish is “Ten Books to Read If You Are in the Mood for Something Sci Fi”. However I am substituting “Romantic” for “Sci Fi” because I have not read any Sci Fi books.
1. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
I read this book years ago but it still stands out as my favorite love story because I have always loved stories of knights in medieval times, and this story has that plus a wonderful spin on it. It includes time travel. Ms. Deveraux does a wonderful job capturing and holding my attention. She creates wonderful characters and I just get completely swept up in this story. I hope to reread this treasure again soon.
2. The O’Malley series by Dee Henderson (I know we are supposed to give a list with a total of 10 books, but this is a series and it’s nearly impossible to choose just one from the series.) This series is so good. I totally love it. Each story has a suspenseful plot and the characters are so well developed that I felt like I really knew them. I fell in love with the characters and was sad when the series came to an end. I would still like to see more books about these characters, but I will definitely read this series over again, probably several times.
3. Fire and Water by Betsy Graziani Fasbinder
This story drew me in immediately and held me fast. Jake and Kate have such a strong love for one another, but they face some serious struggles. I kept routing for them throughout the story. I think I loved Jake just as much as Kate did and as he sank deeper and deeper into his mental illness, my heart ached for both of them. After finishing the book, I was affected as no other book had ever affected me. I literally had to take a week or two to process the story and to deal with the emotions it had evoked within me before I could move on and read another book.
4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I read this story years ago and my husband and I went to see it performed on stage in the early years of our marriage. It still remains one of my favorites. Who can ever forget Catherine and Heathcliff? I look forward to reading this story again soon as well.
5. The Hunger Games trilogy (I know, again this is more than one book. I can’t help it.) I just love the love between Catniss and Peeta. Peeta is the kind of loving man any girl would want to have loving her.
6. Kissed by a Cowboy by Debra Clopton
If you want to know why I like this book so much, you can read my review.
7. Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund
This story is a wonderful story about a lonely lighthouse keeper and a young woman who ends up on the same island after a storm. Emma, the woman, seems to be unwanted at the home where her brother, Ryan was taken in. She is intrigued by Patrick, the lighthouse keeper and reaches out to his little boy. It’s wonderful to read how the relationship between Emma and Patrick grows.
8. Prison by Toni V. Lee
This is just a fun story that includes danger, suspense and romance. The two main characters are very entertaining and I couldn’t help but chuckle often while they were falling in love.
9. Mermaid Moon by Colleen Coble
This book is a wonderful book about an old love rekindled and old hurts healed. It’s got suspense, danger, and romance and wonderful characters.
10. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
I will refrain from including this entire series because I haven’t read the entire series yet, but I know I’ll love the books I haven’t read as much as the ones I have. This series is Janette Oke’s most popular series. It follows the life of pioneer woman Marty and the man she marries for convenience, Clark Davis. This series was made into a series of movies which I recently ordered on DVD from Amazon.
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday”
Can’t say I’ve ever read a single one of these, lol. Fire and Water does sound interesting, though! My TTT